The Kaiser Permanente Institute for Health Policy’s mission is to shape policy and practice with evidence and experience from the nation’s largest private integrated health care delivery and financing organization.
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, the Institute draws on experts from a variety of backgrounds – physicians and other health care providers, clinical and health services researchers, public health professionals, economists, policy analysts, and communications experts.
What We Do
- We proactively identify and analyze significant national health policy issues;
- We produce customized policy reports for a variety of audiences;
- We study policy approaches in countries facing challenges similar to those in the United States;
- We connect health care experts, advisers, policymakers and providers through national and international networks, publications and conferences;
- We collaborate with other organizations to shape and influence policy.